The National Football League (NFL) has hired Horizon Media as its global media agency covering strategy, planning, activation and measurement.
- Horizon tasked with optimising the NFL’s digital inventory gained through deals with broadcast and digital partners
- Agency to manage inventory on league-owned and operated channels such as NFL Network
- Horizon to help NFL determine usage of its inventory across the calendar year, including during the season
- Agency to drive awareness and subscriptions for over-the-top (OTT) streaming service NFL+
- Horizon to help NFL grow international business in markets including Canada, Mexico and the UK
The NFL previously had multiple agencies handle media strategy and the management of its digital inventory, with Horizon to now take on all of those duties. AdAge reported that the NFL spent the majority of its US$30 million paid media budget on digital properties.
Horizon launched its sports and experiences division last year, and already works with the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) marketing and production arm to help support its global expansion plans.
“As we continue to refine our approach to fan development and engagement, we were looking for a partner to help us combine the intelligent use of data-driven media activations with our best-in-class storytelling,” Dave Bolger, vice president of consumer media for the NFL, said to AdAge.
“Horizon and its global affiliates demonstrated that ability at every step of the process. Their fan-first planning approach, coupled with their impressive capabilities across the media landscape, will surely help us bolster our efforts to grow fandom and NFL affinity around the globe.”
Horizon will initially be tasked with managing the league’s digital inventory deployed during the NFL Draft, which takes place at the end of this month.
A multi-lingual talent head, Allen is fluent in languages such as Spanish, Russian, Italian, and many more. He has a special curiosity for the events and stories revolving in and around US and caters an uncompromising form of journalistic standard for the audiences.